Friday, November 5, 2010

Too Long!

It's been too long since I've posted...this has been a very eventful and busy week!

WIFE HAD HER BABY!!!  Little H was born on November 2nd and she's doing well. Wife is pleased that she didn't give birth to an Uggo. And she sure didn't. H is just simply beautiful.


So cute! I'm excited for H and my son D to grow up together. We've got 18 years (at least) of torturing and embarrassing them ahead of us!

I have also just been informed that my friend Robyn had her baby yesterday evening,....also a little H, but a boy H.

Other than that, this week has been all about my son recovering from pneumonia. He's doing much better. He had a head to toe rash from the amoxicillin, but that's gone now. He had 4 nights of rough sleep....he was so congested and coughing so much  it was hard for him to stay asleep for long. We elevated the crib mattress, spent a lot of time in a steamed-up bathroom, suctioned out his nose every few hours, gave him Motrin for his little sinus pains, and read lots of books and spent endless hours in the rocking chair. Our hard work paid off, other than a runny nose he seems to be back in the world of health. Four more days of antibiotics then we can put this stupid pneumonia experience behind us. We had a pretty good run, he went the first 11 months of his life without being sick.

I also went to a resale store this past week. Plato's Closet. I know it's a chain but I'm not sure how much of the country has it, so I'll explain. They buy your old clothes. The end. It's pretty hit or miss. About a month ago I brought in a grocery bag of clothes and they took most of them and paid me $38. This time I had a garbage bag of clothes and they only bought 2 pieces for $14 total. While I was waiting for them to price my items, I did some browsing. I got a pair of GAP jeans, a mustard yellow fake leather bag, an oversized green V-neck tunic sweater, and a green flutter-sleeve T-shirt. I used my $14 for store credit and only had to pay $14 out of pocket. I have been wearing the sweater with a white V-neck T-shirt, Target skinny jeans, and fake Ugg-style black boots.

My plans for today include heading to the GAP for a possible freebie I heard about, hitting the craft store for 1st Birthday Party invitation materials, and dropping off some bags at the Goodwill.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment