Monday, October 25, 2010

Weight

I am overweight.

I'm 5'10, a size 14, and I weigh 211 pounds.

I don't think that I look all that overweight, though. I am lucky enough to be tall, which creates kind of an optical illusion. I have a flat stomach, and a waist.

My BMI is high, however,  and I am incredibly unhappy with my body. I think about it all the time. ALL THE TIME. There isn't an hour that goes by where I'm not thinking about my weight, how I look, how my clothes fit, what I look like to other people.....and I'm so sick of it.

I did "just" have a baby, 10 months ago, but none of this is baby weight. Thankfully, I lost all of that within 4 weeks of the baby being born. I was 207 the day I went to the doctor for my pregnancy test, and 204 pounds a month after he was born.

Growing up, through my teen years and until I was about 26, I was always slim. I was 142 pounds when I graduated high school, and a size 6. My "happy weight" is about 170, which is a size 8 on me. Anything less than that tends to be too much starving. I don't have a small frame, and I have boobs and hips, not to mention my height.

So that's my goal. 170 pounds and a size 8. Starting today. By May would be great, but I'll settle for July. I hope to just make better choices and get more exercise. I also want to try some Pilates videos. You'll never catch me running in a trillion years, so don't suggest that. I also don't much enjoy outdoor activity. Like jogging, biking, hiking...I know, it's no wonder I'm a fat-ass, right? I do enjoy walking, and exercise videos. I need to renew my gym membership so that I can take some classes. I do best when I'm told exactly what to do and how long to do it. I tried the personal trainer route and that was absolute disaster, I don't even want to talk about it. All I'm saying is leave it to me to get the only 125 pound male personal trainer in the gym. Seriously. I felt like a sumo wrestler next to this cocky little pipsqueak.

I'm pretty sure that if I just stop doing things like eating a Family Size bag of Doritos for breakfast, I'll get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment